The Mundaring Church of Christ commenced operating a market stall in the Mundaring Markets in September 2008. The Markets, which take place on the second Sunday of each month, are organised by the Rotary Club of Mundaring.
It has been a beneficial way to make our church known in the community and to make friendships with the other stall holders.
We have given away thousands of CHALLENGE newspapers, as well as other Christian material. We connect with many people in relaxed conversation. We are also able to advertise seminars and programs that we are facilitating in our church, as well as selected community programs and events.
Some themes each month have been: the Boys and Girls Brigades, DiGiT, Depression Seminars, Marriage Seminars, Christian Motorcycle Association, and the popular Samaritans Purse Operation Christmas Child Shoebox programme. This presence in the markets has given our church a higher profile in the community, and has brought people into our church where they then have the opportunity to hear the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Market Stall Mission – Connecting People to God and each other
(a) connecting people to God through the Christian Witness of those attending the stall and through the literature offered, and
(b) connecting people to each other through friendly conversation, inviting them to programs held at our church or in other Christian ministries.
Method: To be a Christian witness and make God known in the community by:
* Engaging people in friendly conversation, answering questions
* Offering a selection of literature, especially the Challenge Newspaper – some that deals with life issues and some that shows the way of salvation
* Promoting church activities
* Supporting and promoting other Christian missions/ministries by giving out their literature and information
* Promoting community activities held on the church facilities.
For more information on how you can get involved in this ministry, please contact the Church Office.